Saturday, March 03, 2012

Beautiful Heartbreak

A few months ago I went to Time Out For Women, which is a women's church conference. Hilary Weeks was there. She is a singer and just a great person. I adore her. She sang a few of her new songs and they are beautiful. I listen to two of them probably every day. This song is called Beautiful Heartbreak. It is about trials that shape us. She wrote it after three of her friends had to deal with losing children. But it applies to all trials. I think I cry every time I hear it still, but it is just so great. Because life is tough and we are all going to have to deal with heartbreak, and it will shape us. Hopefully for the better.



Also, she has another song I love which is called Stand Still. It's about not wanting your kids to grow up. Love it! You can download it on itunes. There was no video. Bummer.

2 comments:

Jami said...

Thanks for sharing that I havent heard it before and it is true! I'm so glad you put it on your blog!

marcymizukawa said...

Hey! :) Thanks for sharing this video. It is just what I needed for a spiritual lift~ Sorry we haven't talked in awhile. I'm sooooooo excited for you and Drew! Twins! That is seriously the best news I've heard in awhile!!! You guys deserve it. I just miss having you close by. John and I think about you and Drew often. Thanks for sharing this video. It made me think of all our "good time" talks together. Love ya!