Friday, October 01, 2010

Retired!

The day has come. I am retired after 3.25 years. Ok I realize I can't call it retirement, but I just like it ok. Right now I am thrilled I have to be honest. I think it will start to sink in soon. It's really strange though, because it's almost like my identity has been being a teacher. My conversations are often around teaching. Now I am just hangin out until the babe comes. I have to say though that I don't know how teachers or anyone else works up until they have a baby. Teaching is so demanding with your body, your energy, and sanity that I definitely think it's a good thing to stop before I am unhappy and way too uncomfortable being there. I have loved these past few months. My class was fabulous. So it's good to go out on a good note. My work threw me a baby shower which was sooo nice. Kelsey headed it up and she did a great job!

Here is my wonderful team, Miranda, Kelsey, Me and Katie. Can't wait for our weekly lunches at my house!

I just had to show off Kelsey's skills. She made roses out of little baby socks. So cute, and useful.

My principal ordered Jason's deli for breakfast. It was so good.

I got some sweet stuff. I really can't believe how generous everyone was. Thanks to everyone!


Kelsey, me and Alexis. I am not a huge fan of this pic of me, but these days it's slim pickins for pictures I actually like of myself

4 comments:

Milmonster said...

What!? You lucky dog. I worked until the day I went into labor. Let me know if you can keep yourself sane without the distraction of a job:) Doesn't it feel good to be retired?

Milmonster said...

What!? You lucky dog. I worked until the day I went into labor. Let me know if you can keep yourself sane without the distraction of a job:) Doesn't it feel good to be retired?

Goose said...

Truly a glorious career. We are so proud of you (me and that little girl, she told me so). Live it up, you deserve it!

Kendria said...

Can you believe it is just a short while until she is here? I wish I was there to spoil her too... Enjoy the time to yourself! Indulge!