Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Midway

Last night we went up to Midway, Utah. It's where I ran my half marathon. We really liked it when we were there so we thought we should make a trip out of it the next time. It's just a really cute little mountain town. It's really beautiful. We had such a great time. We relaxed, we went to the golfing range to hit some balls (which was right next to a gorgeous river), then we remembered seeing something being set up down the road for a concert. After "golfing" we were sitting in a gazebo and heard the concert starting, and we thought maybe we would go check it out. Then I said what if Ryan Shupe was there.. jokingly. And low and behold it was Ryan Shupe and Peter Breinholt. It was so great!! We were so excited. The concert was great, and afterwards we got a pic with Ryan.
The next day we slept in really late, which is fun sometimes. Then we had breakfast next to a cute little pond. After that we went to the crater. And then sadly we left.
I love spending time with my man. We just always have so much fun. I love him!!


This is a picture from the top of the crater.


Here they are in action.

I was so excited, but I tried to play it cool.


Here is our little breakfast table. We fed the ducks what we didn't eat.


Ok we didn't feed them everything we didn't eat. I knew it was going to be large, but you've got to be kidding me.


This is me pointing down to the crater.



And this is looking up.

Here's Drew relaxing. It is 65 feet deep.




8 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks like so much fun!! Glad you're enjoying the summer.

Goose said...

The Crater was really cool. It looks like a volcano but instead of lava there is hot water inside. It was fun. And the concert was so much fun in the town square of Midway. I must say that I am one lucky man to have such a fun, wonderful wife. She planned the trip and it was a blast.

Milmonster said...

Good thing there wasn't lava in the carter. :)
That is the biggest cinnimon (sp) roll I have ever seen!

Tankfos said...

I have seen that dome before up there and I wondered what it was. Now I know. The last picture makes Drew look like he has tatoos.

Emily said...

Shut up you did not see Ryan Shupe! You are the luckiest lady on the earth!!! DREAM BIG BABY! :)

Emily said...

I also just noticed the sweet bandaid sitting in the water with drew in the last picture...
(YUCK)

Kristen said...

Yes the bandaid was sick, I warned him, but he didn't seem to mind. The joys of public swimming.

Megan said...

That looks intense. I don't get it what made the crater?