Sunday, June 22, 2008

Trips

The past few weeks have been really fun. We have been able to spend a lot of time with family. First we went to Breckenridge with Drew's fam, and it was a blast! The house we stayed at was incredible and it was just perfect. We all went on a little hike, we had a foosball tournament (don't ask), we went in the spool several times, we played games, went to the park, had a manliest man competition, ate a lot of good food, and just relaxed. I love the Foster fam, it's guaranteed to be fun. I am so glad to be part of the family.

Then we went on a trip with my parents to Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, and Arches. It was amazing. We hiked Bryce, which was seriously incredible, and did shorter hikes at the others. Drew and I camped and my parents stayed at a hotel. We packed a lot in for 3 days. It was so fun to be with them, and to have a little family vacation again.




Here's my manly man during the rock throw.



This is the sledge hammer competition.... so manly



The football tossThe car push..of course


The 40 yard dash up hill


Bryce Canyon



A little far away, but that's ok



There were these tunnels that were so neat.





Taking a little break







Look how strong he is!












"Ohhh Kristen Take my picture!"



Our little friend found our apple core.





This was the most awesome view.





This is the famous arch that is on the Utah licsence plates. It's a little far away.


















This is "Double Arch" it was so cool.















You can barely see Drew, but he's there.





8 comments:

Goose said...

All I can say is that I am a little tired. It has been a fun and busy last two weeks, but we have really enjoyed. We ave the best families in the world!! Thanks to everyone that made these few weeks perfect.

Emily said...

Wow sounds like a blast! Talk to you soon!!!

Dad said...

Kristen,
I'd like to hear more about that Foosball thing!! Can you expand on what happened there just a little bit?

I have never been to Bryce but had some friends in college that worked there for a summer job. They did a lot of hiking in their free time and just raved about it. I think visiting So. Utah's wonders is on my bucket list of things to do before I die. It really is a geological wonder to see Bryce, Zion's, Lake Powell, Arches, etc. Wow!!

My kind of camping! I'm like you parents as far as roughing it.
Give me a nice bed and shower and I can rough it with the best of them.

We sure loved being with you guys and the whole family. It is truly one of the things I treasure in my life....time with my whole family.

You guys keep having fun this summer before the reality of work and school hits you!!

Love ya,
MIkcey

Anonymous said...

Looks like some seriously funnage. I'm jealous of you and the Canyonlands/Bryce. HOW FUN!

Emily said...

Nice work on the blog! I knew you could do it! :)

Milmonster said...

So, I am wondering...who won the manliest man contest?

Angie said...

I love Bryce Canyon. It's so beautiful. Those were awesome pictures, and it's so cool that you got to go with your parents.

It was really fun hanging out with you at the Foster reunion. You play a mean game of foosball.

Mark said...

Quite the fun few weeks you two have had. Not bad to spend it in such pretty places.

As far as the 40 yard dash goes . . . I had a bad race. I didn't get off to a good start. My shoes were inadequate. The weather was a little humid. There was a strong headwind directly in front of my lane. My hamstring was acting up.

All in all, it wasn't my day. Tell Drew I'm training hard and I'll be ready for him in six months.