Monday, August 26, 2013

Stitches

Well it happened. The first stitches. I am sure it won't be the last either. I would have guessed it would be Abby of all of them to get them first, because of how wild she is. But the funny thing is she wasn't even being crazy when it happened. She was just walking over to pick up a toy, slipped and landed right between her eyes on the fireplace. I absolutely despise our fireplace. The edges are extremely sharp, and the girls love climbing on it. I have debated about putting blankets on it, but I thought it would make it more dangerous. There was a twin girl named Abby that was at the ER a little bit before us on Saturday, and I guess she fell and hit her head on the fireplace and had to get stitches, because she slipped on the blankets. Weird.... It's a lose lose situation.
I was out to dinner for a girls night out, and poor Drew had to deal with Abby bleeding profusely, Melanie telling him she had to poop, and Lacey screaming out of her mind because Abby was crying. He called me and was very calm. He just said, "We've just had a little bit of an accident, and I need you to come home if that's ok." Of course my heart stopped. He told me he got the bleeding to stop, but that he knew she needed stitches seeing as how you could see straight to the bone!
 So I had to cut the dinner short. I guess that means we just have to go back! (We went to a place called the chocolate bar, and it was pretty great:) So I came home, and Drew took Abby to the ER. They ended up waiting for a while, and didn't get home until midnight. Abby was happy as a clam just playing with the toys they brought her and watching Baby Einstein. She doesn't even act like it bothers her at all. Although I wish she was a bit freaked out by it, so she would just slow down. I am watching her like a hawk so she doesn't split it open this week. I am so glad Drew was the one that was home instead of me. I would have freaked out seeing all that blood.
Abby is one tough little girl!



They were just holding on the topical to get her numb.


3 comments:

THE DENVER BURTS said...

Oh My goodness!!!! Count on Drew to be calm and level headed :). Darn fireplace. The Chocolate Bar, though, sounds like heaven.

Jandi said...

Wow. That dumb fireplace. They are deadly spots in a home. So glad she is ok and doesn't mind the pain and stitches. Go figures...

Jessica said...

Poor little one! Everdeen just started walking and already she's gotten a big goose egg on her forehead! I know there will be accidents, but it doesn't make it any easier :)