Saturday, August 24, 2013

Potty TrainingI

 A week ago I started potty training Melanie. It was time. I was dreading it, because I thought it would be a lot of work, and diapers are just so easy. But I knew it had to be done, and that she was ready. I followed this method and by the second day she had it down. It worked like a charm for us.  The first day I spent the entire day just with Melanie. Drew took care of Abby and Lacey so I could focus all my energy on potty training. I pumped her full of salty snacks so that she would drink plenty of liquid and then have to use the potty LOTS! (I did feel slightly guilty about all the junk she got, but hey it was one day and it worked:)
 Her favorite part was getting to call a different friend each time she went potty. It was pretty cute listening to the conversations.
 She always tells me when she has to go, and she is fine going in public places so that's a relief.
I feel like she is so old now. It made me kind of sad, but also excited. She is just so cute in her underwear it's hard not to love:) I feel slightly more confident potty training twins next. Let's hope they encourage each other!

I love watching her pull up her panties by herself. She thinks this is good enough.

2 comments:

Jandi said...

Way to go momma! Nice work. I just love little bums and little undies...

Justin and Sara Smutz said...

I've read about this method! SO glad that it worked for you guys....I think I will give it a try when Caden is ready:) YAY Mel!