Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Melanie Turns Two!

It has happened.... Melanie has turned two! On Saturday she had an ice cream birthday party! It was so much fun. The weather was fantastic. We were outside most of the time.

Also,to see some awesome pics my neighbor took of the party click here . I would have posted them, because they are much better than mine, but I had already done the blog.

The invitation


Sorry this is a little dark, but you get the picture right?

Party favors, toppings, and ice cream cone cupcakes!
This is Mel's friend Clayton. I didn't get a picture of both of them doing this, but it was so cute.
All the kids helped her blow it out.
Pin the cherry on the sundae.

Presents! It is so fun now that she is old enough to really love it!
Melanie is either hugging Clayton or pushing him. She likes to put her arm around him and say "Friends!"

Playing with friends outside. Melanie and Clayton LOVE the sled. I can never put it away.




And here are some random pics.

She likes to be called "Princess Melanie" and let me tell you that crown allows her to be BOSSY! And as you can see she is the destroyer of all cleanliness in the house.


I find stuff like this all the time. I love it. Kids are so funny.

This is Mel after fighting taking a nap for two days. She learned how to get out of her crib and open the door. It was rough. So we transitioned to a big girl bed and put door knob covers on. The first few days were not pretty. She was like a caged animal in there. I found her asleep at the door a few times. It was like closing a garage door. I would throw her on the bed and run out. BUT now she loves her bed. What a relief!

Melanie is definitely 2!! The terrible two's literally happened over night. There were a few days of non stop tantrums. I had my first experience at Walmart with a screaming kid on the floor, while people are trying to maneuver around her. I fit right in I guess. It has calmed down a little bit. But she cries MUCH easier, and tries very hard to get her way. Overall, my sweet Melanie is still there. I just remembered yesterday after I said the opening prayer at church I heard "Yay good job mommy!!" It was VERY loud. I love her, I just have to be careful not to upset the beast side!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious girl! What a cute post! You are so energetic in the party department. Heidi is going to have her mom, dad, and Annie to sing Happy Birthday to her. She'll get her own cupcake and we'll call it good:)

THE DENVER BURTS said...

SOOOOO cute!! I so wish we could've been there!!! Mel is adorable.

Linde said...

Wow! Cannot believe she is 2. Great pictures and you are such a creative and good mom--the party looks so fun!!

Justin and Sara Smutz said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the party theme Kristen! Good work my friend:)Mel is too cute!!!