Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

It has been a great Christmas. Drew has had three glorious weeks off, and it has been wonderful. I wish he could be home ALL the time. We have had a fun time going to Christmas parties, getting together with friends, an ugly sweater party, and just relaxing at home. 
Melanie was a lot more fun this year for Christmas. She really likes opening presents and then being able to play with them immediately. So we tried to give her some time to play in between each one. It took a while, but it was fun to watch.
 I love Christmas! It has been so great. Here are some pics from the past couple weeks.

We had some friends over to go caroling. We brought some chocolate covered pretzels. I love making them and I am addicted! Here is Melanie showing her excitement for her friends to come over to carol.


I love everything Christmas! Melanie is such a good helper:)
Melanie helping leave cookies and milk for Santa!

We went to my sister's house for Christmas Eve. It was a blast. Melanie had SO much fun with her cousins Kyla and Brayden. I was trying to get a picture of her new jammies but the woman could not be still for a second!

I decided to make stockings this year. I like them for the most part.
And the tradition in Drew's family for looking in the stockings is, when the kids get up in the morning they go into mom and dad's room, and dad goes and gets the stockings and they open them on the bed.

Christmas morning. She is out of control! She had to wear everything she was getting. 
Yes, she loves Dora. 
And I think it's funny that I got her a mini broom set. She loves to clean with me.
Drew got us some sweet electrical toothbrushes. The man loves teeth what can I say? 
I collect Willow Trees and Drew got me a father holding his daughters. I LOVE it. My grandma had gifts wrapped in her house for us for months. She gave me another Willow Tree that is of twins. It was pretty special to have a gift from her since she passed away.
Don't mind the extra kennel in the way. 



Christmas at my parents house. My niece and nephew were crazy with their new cameras. They took pictures of EVERYTHING. It was so funny. Oh and check out all the crazy shirt patterns.


Sawyer got to have his best friend Flower over for a couple of weeks. These two love each other. Some friends and us swap dog sitting when we need to. They can get pretty crazy so when the babies are on the floor they are outside!

Here is Ralph, our elf on the shelf. He is in a new place everyday. He reports back to Santa if everyone was good or bad. Mel woke up every morning and said, "Ralph! come on, let's find him." Maybe next year she will actually care what Santa thinks.

Our traditional delicious breakfast!
I have enjoyed get togethers with good friends. This is Jandi, Andrea and I at Olive Garden. This makes me never want to move.
We were able to meet up with our friends Adam and Susan in Estes Park. We had a great time catching up, and watching our kids play.


1 comment:

Justin and Sara Smutz said...

Um, so you don't even look like you had a baby, let alone twins! Looks like a great Christmas for the Foster fam:) Tutorial/tips for the chocolate covered pretzels? They look amazing and I am a huge fan of the salty/sweet combination!