Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Estes Park

You all should be impressed, because this is my second post this month! Well, Drew and I went up to Estes Park for the last few days. He is on spring break. No, I am not on break yet... of course it is next week. But actually let's be honest this is so much better. Having a three day week of work and then spring break.
It was soooo fun. It is exactly what I needed. I love having my hubby all to myself. I know I pretty much always have him to myself. But it's different when we are on vacation. There's no school, work, homework, cooking, ect... It was perfect. I feel like I laughed for three days straight. We have so much fun together. I love him so much. Here are a few pics from the trip.
Here I am getting my snow shoes on at Rocky Mountain National Park. It was a beautiful day!

I am standing on a frozen lake.

Drew is a bit more daring by going out to the middle of the lake.

Ok this looks like a very small jump. I don't know why from the top it seemed far.

This is the result.

We hiked up a few steep hills.

This is looking down from a little ways up.

We found some elk. No moose though. Drew was hoping.



Look at this burrito. I couldn't get over it. It might just be the biggest burrito I have ever seen.

We played a little pool.
Here is our conversation before hand.
Me: Hey Drew do you want to play pool?
Drew: Well sure but it won't be very fun for you.
Me: why?
Drew: Because It will be a short game. I'm pretty good.
Me: uh huh.
Guess who won? Well I wouldn't be sharing this if I didn't.
They had a nice workout facility. This is me workin hard.
Unfortunately I forgot to pack Drew's workout shorts. He did the bike in his swim trunks with me. Nice guy.
Here's Drew relaxing in the tub.

9 comments:

Goose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

So Fun!!!
I love when you post :) They're my favorite!
I'm so glad you won the pool game too!!!

Goose said...

Estes Park was sweet!!!!!!

I need to clear one thing up though, and that is the game of pool that Kristen mentioned above. Although I lost, Kristen forgot to mention how she won. She won because I scratched on the 8 ball. That's right I should've won, but I made a critical mistake at a critical time. So let me say this again, she won, but only by a technicality. Great job Kristen, I love you!!!

Kristen said...

Drew forgot to mention that I only had one ball left. So he choked under the pressure of me winning.

Adventures In The Land Of Hahl said...

SO FUN!! I love all your pictures :) Where did you eat at? We are always looking for a good place when we go up there.

And maybe you will only have a 2 day work week. Cross your fingers!

Jandi said...

We need to go to Estes park sometime. It looks fun. I love both of your comments about the pool game, that sounds like Nathan and I. Too funny! I guess if you're a teacher, the snow can be a good thing. But, for those of us at home with the kids, not so great sometimes!!

Milmonster said...

Lets make some plans for a future Estes trip at my parents' cabin! Glad you guys had such a great time.

Danalin said...

Estes Park looks gorgeous...but not quite as gorgeous as my sweet sister-in-law. I've always wanted to go snowshoeing...maybe someday we'll move to Colorado and then we can all go together. Probably not, but maybe. I guess we could go on a visit sometime. Keep the posts comin', sista!

Jami said...

You will have to teach me to snowboard. I want to try it. I love your wedding picture. Thanks for giving me your blog address!