Sunday, January 03, 2010


Ok I know I need to blog. So here's the update. We got a puppy!! The plan was to get one this summer when I would be home, but we found the dog we wanted now, so what were we supposed to do? He is a vizsla. We named him Sawyer, after our favorite character on the show Lost. Yes we are obsessed with Lost we already know. He will be a medium sized dog. Well basically he is the smallest of the "big dog" category. He is super athletic. We are excited to take him on hikes and runs. Right now he is like a baby. We are potty training him at the moment. We are aware that it's a lot of work, but we are going to make this puppy into a sweet dog with the right training.
Him and Bella (our cat) have been hilarious to watch. I think they are playing. At least Sawyer is. Bella would just leave him alone if she didn't like him, but she follows him everywhere, and she stares at him while he sleeps.
Other than that we had our anniversary on the 30th. We went to the Cheesecake Factory of course. It was really nice. It was nice to just come home and not have to travel somewhere this year. I am so lucky to have married Drew. How many people can actually say they married their best friend? Well... I can:)
I have to go back to work tomorrow, and I am not exactly thrilled, but I am excited to see my students.


10 comments:

Danalin said...

Congrats on the very cute puppy! Love the name. :) Only about a month...you SHOULD know what I'm talking about, but I'll spell it out just in case: L-O-S-T. I both can't believe and am relieved that it's almost over. I sure love you, lady! Good luck heading back to school.

Milmonster said...

cute puppy, glad you finally realized that dogs are just as awesome as dogs Drew.

Emily said...

YAY for a dog!!! Can't wait to meet him! He's pretty cute :) See you soon

Anonymous said...

I think he has blue eyes, no? Anyway-he's super cute. Yeah for dogs!

Kristen said...

Brooke, I know it looks like they are blue. But don't be fooled, it's only in pictures. They are actually brown.

Adventures In The Land Of Hahl said...

your puppy is completely adorable! i see how you fell in love with him

Tyler said...

I guess he is cute, for a dog. Just keep him away from me...

Just kidding, I might give him a scratch behind the ears and a pat on the head.

Olivia said...

your doggie is cute! I'm adding you to the blogs I follow!

Unknown said...

I have some advice since I have 3 Vizsla's, get another one as quickly as you can about the same age. They are extremely active and need to play alot and will benefit from having a "brother or sister" It will help you and the cat! We had a pair before and did the same thing again this time around and don't regret it for a moment. Ours are 3 weeks apart in age, both about 9 months now. Also go to dog school you and the dogs will LOVE it, and keep going. Congrats! His eyes will be "golden" soon.

http://obesity-about.com/ said...

http://acnetreatmentforyou.com/zeno-acne-clearing-device