Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Many Happenings

I have had an eventful few weeks. I am done with my first year of teaching in 2 days!! I really can't believe it. I am very excited, but at the same time I feel really sad. I feel my eyes start watering everytime I talk about it with the kids. I don't know how to explain how I feel. I am sure most teachers feel like this with their class at the end, but I think because it's my first year it's even more difficult. I have learned sooo much this year, and have put in so much with these kids, it's hard to know I won't see them everyday. Oh goodness I am now crying. Anyway, it's been a spectacular year, and I love them so much!

We had a talent show, and the third grade teachers decided that we should show our talent. We did a synchronized swimming act. We had some people hold up our "water" in front of us on stage. We wore our swim suits over our clothes, it was great. The kids loved it.



Onto another topic... I ran a half marathon! It was really fun. It was in Midway, Utah. It is absolutely beautiful up there. I knew that it was in the mountains and I knew it said it wasn't a course to get personal records, but I didn't know it was going to be up a mountain!!! The first few miles were good, and then I saw this mountain and a path going up it, and then I saw cones going towards it, and I couldn't believe it. It was at least 4-5 miles straight up the mountain. BUT it was along a river/lake. Somehow it didn't bother me that much, I felt good and I just focused on each mile. I had Drew and my two friends, Emily and Kevin there cheering me on. Emily and Kevin flew out from Colorado to spend the weekend with us. It was fabulous. I had been missing my girl time. Anyway, They met me at the bottom of the hill, right before I had my last three miles on uphill pavement. They would drive and then stop and cheer me on to the next mile. I wasn't exactly a happy camper by that time. When I finished I was so happy. I kept imagining stopping and what that would feel like. And let me tell you it felt great! There is just something about accomplishing something that's hard that feels really good. I love making goals, and then actually completing them.


This is right before!



Our wonderful friends!! They look a little chilly.
I look a little creepy here, but don't worry I am very happy.


8 comments:

Goose said...

You rock the house!! I have to say that it was an incredible run from you. When we saw the "mountain" I was just thinking to myself how glad I was that it wasn't me running. It was quite an incline. I was impressed, and I hope that we can run something together soon as well.

Also, it was great to have Emily and Kevin out here. We have an extra bedroom now so no one should be shy about coming to Provo to visit. The air mattress is comfy.

Sabrina said...

I bet your kids will miss you as much as you'll miss them. I am sure you were an incredible teacher. Congratulations on finishing your first year.

It also sounds like you had quite the half marathon. I would die if I saw the course going uphill. Interested in another one in August? I think I am doing one again.

Anonymous said...

Who are those amazing synchronized swimmers? Looks like a dream team if I ever saw one.

TopHat said...

Congrats on the run and on finishing your teaching year! Those kids are great!

Emily said...

When I saw the MOUNTAIN I was like come on, why not give her a foot hill :) You did great girl! My hero!
And I will agree the air matress is comfy! :)
It was a wonderful weekend!
Have fun your last 2 days! Well now just one! You're the best teacher ever!

Mark said...

Congrats on finishing school. I'm sure your first class is always the most emotional to say goodbye to. After that, it's just another year, another class, ho-hum. :)

See you in a few weeks!

Milmonster said...

Our first year is finally done! Oh, it feels so good.
Good job on your race. Good thing there wasn't any swimming involved with this one :)

Jessica W said...

Good for you on running the marathon! I would never ever do one, but I think it's great that you did!!