Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Why Is Exercise So Great?


I am running a half marathon in May that I am starting to get ready for, and my friend invited me to do a triatholon at the end of March. Am I ready for that? NO. Have I been swimming or biking lately? NO. BUT I am now in training. I am really excited for these events.

I don't know what it is about running and working out in general. I think I NEED it to stay sane. For instance today I had run out of patience and energy completely. I came home and went running and felt so much better. I reminded myself of how I love my job, and my kids, and I was again ready to tackle another day.

3 comments:

Milmonster said...

Wow, maybe I should start training for a marathon if it will make me ready for another day? Yeah right :) You know me and sweat...we don't get along. You're going to look a whole lot better than me in Hawaii :)

Goose said...

I believe in you. We are going for a gold metal and I have made myself your personal trainer. I am going to ride in the car next to you while you run and paddle a canoe next to you when you swim. I can already smell the gold.

Danalin said...

Hooray for Kristen! I am so excited for you to be doing a triathlon...and anxious to hear about the half marathon since I'll be doing that this fall. This has reminded me that the babe is out and I need to get back into the exercise world...I have to admit that it's been kind of nice to have a little break, but now I am anxious to get back to it. I totally agree that exercise has positive effects on so many aspects of life.

GO, KRISTEN! Can't wait to hear about it...