Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ahhh.. The Good Old Days

Today is Valentine's Day. This year was a little different than the past few years. I got to relive my elementary days. It was so fun to watch their excitement and to remember how I used to feel back then. They all made their own bags and taped them on their desks for people to drop treats in. 
I remember getting the cards, and loving them so much. Luckily, in third grade there isn't too many crushes going on. But that didn't stop some people. Drama, drama, drama. 
We did all crafts for our party. I think that they had fun, even though I heard complaints about not having a movie on like the Christmas party (of course coming from a boy). Boys just don't get into hearts and pink and all that good stuff like girls. I can't believe it!!

This is after they exchanged all their treats. They were sooo excited.

There was some blushing going on:)

This is our tissue heart, if you can tell.

This is our little mice we made out of hershey kisses.

Showing off their mice.

We made hands with hearts for their moms. 


So many bears, and so much candy! It was very nice.

7 comments:

Karen said...

They sure think a lot of you. Look at all those presents. The party days were fun, but oh so tiring!! I hope you're able to get back to work tomorrow!

Jessica W said...

How fun! I miss being in the schools!! And I love the Viactiv container for your markers on your desk by the way :).

Goose said...

You thought I was studying right now but I am actually checking your blog. Actually I have been studying for about 3 hours and I needed a little break before I take the test, and your blog delivered. It made me reflect on the good old days when the girls use to swoon(sp) to my box and put all their valentines and candies inside. It was a great day for me back in the day until I woke up from my daydream and found that nobody cared about me. I was alone, and the only times that I ever got anything was when the teacher made everyone in the class give everyone a valentine. How thankful I am that I don't have to be lonely anymore. I got you, and your the best valentine I've ever had.(and also the only one!!!)

Milmonster said...

Love the crafts; however, all I looked at was your room. Its weird that we don't teach right across the hall from each other. As a teacher, I have to say that holidays stink, they are exusting and I wish we didn't have them. :)

Danalin said...

Ahhh...the memories! That makes me excited for my kids to get old enough to be in school and have Valentine's parties. That's also why I didn't want Kelly to be born on Valentine's Day. I want her to have a special day at school where I can bring in cupcakes or whatever because if she's anything like her mom, she will love having that day to be the center of attention! :)

Mark said...

I'm liking the hershey's kiss mouse. Might have to make me some . . .

Personally, I think Valentine's Day is way over-rated. Either you have a true love and you don't need a special day to celebrate it, or you don't have anybody and you're a lonely wreck of misery and woe. Or you're a third grader and you want an excuse to eat candy and (maybe) watch a movie if you have a nice teacher.

But I'll take a pink frosted heart shaped sugar cookie anyday, thank you very much. (Not those awful candy shaped hearts, though. It's like eating colored chalk.)

Beth said...

Kristen!! I am so happy to have found your blog, and you rock!!! I love V-day as a child in elementary school, and it is now so fun for my kids!!