Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day!

Over the past few years my love for Valentine's Day has grown. A lot of people say that it's just a Hallmark holiday, and sure it can be. BUT what is wrong with having an extra special day? To go out of your way to show love to people. Who doesn't love love? I get real excited doing these things for my family. Melanie was EXTRA loving. She made sure to tell us how much she loved us.... over and over again:)

We spent the couple weeks leading up to the big day doing some fun crafts.
 
Ok, don't mind the mess. Abby and Lacey tore up the place while we were doing crafts.:)  I suppose I should at least try and hide it for the pics! But let's be honest people, it's real life!


Melanie was SOOO cute making her Valentine's for her friends.


Abby joined us for a little while.

She also helped make heart shaped oreo cookies for her friends.

Sorry Mel, didn't do your hair yet for these pics!

I love the morning of any holiday. I love the kids waking up to decorations and all the excitement. I made heart shaped pancakes, and I enjoyed my homemade edible arrangement from my man! We enjoyed eating breakfast and going around the table saying what we loved about each other.

We had some friends over for a lunch play date. We enjoyed some heart shaped grilled cheese and strawberry smoothies. Then the girls helped me make a heart shaped pizza. And last but not least Drew and I enjoyed some Froyo after the girls went to bed:)

No comments: