Monday, August 13, 2012

They Are Here!

The time has come to introduce these little ladies to the world. Everything went as planned with the c-section. I will say I would choose a vaginal delivery any day over a c-section. The recovery is a lot more difficult. But I know I will get better soon.
So, Abigail Mae Foster was born at 10:48 a.m. and weighed 5 lbs 2 oz and Lacey Nicole Foster was born at 10:49 a.m. and weighed 5 lbs 15 oz. (Which by the way is WAY off of what the doctor thought she was). But it all worked out. Both came out super healthy, no NICU time or anything. They are small and stinkin cute. They already are gaining weight really well. So far it's been great. They are easy babies. Although the first night home was really as bad as it could have possibly been. We think they had a lot of gas, but last night was amazing. When one got up we got both of them up and we just got up twice. The most difficult thing is that I can hardly do anything. Once I can function normally it will be much better. Luckily I have an amazing husband who is happy to do pretty much everything. We are SO happy to have these girls in our family. Every time I look at them I just think wow, what a miracle. Double blessing for sure.

Proud papa in the operating room. You can hardly see Abigail. She wasn't wrapped up so well.
They wrote "A" and "B" on their hats in the O.R. I love their hands in this pic.
One of the nurses made these cute bows for them.
Grandma and Grandpa
Emily!
Mel reacted just like I thought she would. She just wanted to hold the babies and feed them. It's a good and bad thing.
Mel looks slightly creepy in this picture, but I love it.
First walk.
All our girls.
Say "cheese"

8 comments:

Olivia said...

Kristen and drew, all I can say is wow!! They are so perfect and beautiful! I'm so happy to hear that the delivery went well. You guys are great parents and you deserve double blessings! I'm so happy for you both!! I'm excited to meet them, and I love their names too! (my middle name is mae also. It's served me well ;))

Ruth said...

Cute little family.

THE DENVER BURTS said...

Congratulations, Kristen and Drew! They look beautiful and I can't wait to say hello!

Linde said...

They are darling and I can see you totally in their faces!! Congratulations. I am so happy for you.

Emily said...

Oh just the cutest things! I just love them!!! You're a rockstar!!! Way to go Momma!

kim cherry said...

what a beautiful family!! i am so happy for you guys. can't wait to meet them.

Justin and Sara Smutz said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! The recovery after a c-section is really tough, especially for active people:( Hang in there Mama, you are doing great!

Keri said...

Congratulations!!! You and Drew will do great. Hang in there.