Sunday, June 10, 2012

Nesting Much??

In case you haven't heard of nesting, here is the Wikipedia definition. And I will say this is exactly true for me.
 "In human females, the nesting instinct often occurs around the fifth month of pregnancy[1][4], but can occur as late as the eighth, or not at all[citation needed]. It may be strongest just before the onset of labor.[1][5][6] It is commonly characterized by a strong urge to clean and organize one's home and is one reason why couples who are expecting a baby often reorganize, arrange, and clean the house and surroundings." 
  And if you know me well you know that I like to clean, organize, and decorate normally so when I am pregnant it just gets a bit out of control. So here are some of the things that I have been busy with.
Here is Melanie's new room downstairs. There is a door to her room, but I wanted to separate the small hallway to the bathroom and her room with curtains.
We now have three cribs. Is that crazy or what? Luckily we have not paid for a single one. Which makes it better somehow.





I love this little book shelf/sling that I made. Mel loves it too. She is so good at picking out a book and putting it back so nice and neat. And I switch the selection out when I am tired of reading the same ones.

Here is the babies room. The picture frames will have their baby pictures in there.  I thought the room would be crammed, but it actually seems bigger to me somehow.

I painted this crib to match. It was a really nice white before, but I knew it would bug me if they didn't match.

The dresser got moved into the closet. Thank goodness it is a big closet, to store lots of different things.
This is the new office/craft area. And I actually kind of like it better. Maybe because now I can see everything  when I am working on something. Notice Sawyer's Kennel as a little table. Kind of weird I know.

Here is the other side of the room. Finally some organization with the toys. Thank you Ikea.

Here is the the reversible car seat I made. It doesn't match the other one, but I am ok with that. In fact I didn't want them to match. I have to be able to tell them apart somehow in those seats.

Here is the other side.


5 comments:

Emily said...

You are so busy!!! I wish I had your motivation! The babies room looks great!!! Let them keep brewing, but it looks to me like you are ready!!!

Chelsea Ellingson said...

I want to go decorate a baby's room for twins really bad now. So cute!

kim cherry said...

great job on their rooms!! so cute. and the book-sling turned out GREAT!

Justin and Sara Smutz said...

The rooms look great Kristen! You're making really good use of your space:)

Anonymous said...

So cute Kristen:) I think Heidi has the same piggy bank as Melanie. Love what you've done. Your daughters are so lucky to have you guys as parents:)