Friday, December 31, 2010

Updates

Well it has been an eventful December I must say. We have had fun these past four weeks. Drew has been on break since Melanie was born. He has to go back to school on Monday. We have had so much fun, but I think we are ready for a routine. We have been spending time with family and friends, watching movies, going on walks, eating food, and catching up on sleep. I definitely think that Melanie was born on December 5th for a reason. I have been so lucky to have Drew home for as long as I have. He has been awesome. He helps out at night as much as he can and is happy to do it. He loves Melanie so much it is so cute.
Yesterday was our anniversary, and I forgot my camera but it was really fun. We went to a really romantic movie.... True Grit. Ok not so romantic but it was pretty good. We then went to PF Changs and exchanged our traditional letters to each other. Melanie joined us for dinner and slept the whole time.
Things have been going well. She is off and on with sleeping well at night. Don't ask me about last night, but it hasn't been too bad overall. It's so funny, because when I first get up in the middle of the night I am so exhausted and think I am going to sleep all day tomorrow, but then the next day comes, and I think, oh that wasn't too bad. And then the same thing happens the next night. I just don't like sleeping during the day, there are so many other things I want to do. She is growing up quick. There is something we see her do that's new every few days. Other than that she is great. Very cute and lovable.
Four generations.

Oh my goodness, this little lady LOVES her changing table. She would spend all day there if she could.

My friend Susan and I. They are three days apart.

My sister Lori and I with Brayden and Mel. They are matching with their cute little outfits. "All I want for Christmas is my Auntie." Don't they look happy?

Drew with Kyla and Sawyer


I love how much Kyla (my niece) loves Melanie. She wants to "pet" her hair all the time.
And check out those boots. It's not a good shot of them but they are awesome.

She loves her aunt.

Great Grandma

These are her little baby pics a friend of mine took a few weeks ago.








9 comments:

Ruth said...

She is cute. Happy Anniversary!

Jandi said...

Those pictures are so cute... I am so happy for you guys. That first little girl is so special. So happy that you got to have your husband around with you as well.

Chelsea Ellingson said...

I don't know if I ever told you this, but congrats and she is beautiful! I meant to tell you I do photography if you ever wanted newbie shots, but it looks like you found someone- those shots are precious. :-) Just shot Susan's little new one, all these new baby girls, I love it!!

Olivia said...

Lovely! So fun to have four generations of girls together!

Milmonster said...

Melanie is so beautiful. Glad we got to see you guys are meet her.

Linde said...

Darling pictures of her! You are so right--they grow so fast!!

Jami said...

I love four generations pictures. We always try to do them too. She is so beautiful. I miss you guys.

Kendria said...

Mel is adorable and when did SAWYER get so huge!??

Dana said...

Melanie is such a cute little girl! Glad you had Drew home for the first couple weeks, so you could enjoy this special time together. Miss you!