Sunday, June 06, 2010

Oh Baby!

Alright people... the time has come to share the news. I am pregnant! I am now officially in my second trimester. I am due December 12th.
It seems like for a long time the word "pregnant" has been a bad word to me. I really didn't enjoy hearing it, and it almost made me cringe each time. We had been trying to get pregnant and stay pregnant for a long time. I don't know why we couldn't or why we are now, but obviously Heavenly Father has a plan for us.
I don't feel like I have had that many really hard trials in my life, but this has been on the top of the list. It's one thing when you have a trial and it's hard but you know you will get through it, but it's another when you don't know if it will ever end. Several times I wanted to write a blog about how hard the trial was but how much I have learned from it or that I still had faith and hope that Heavenly Father was doing what was best for me, but I didn't want the added pressure or sympathy. I would like to think that even if I never got pregnant that I would still be faithful and happy just the same.
Faith is an amazing thing. I have a friend who is just beginning the process of trying to become pregnant and she asked me how I dealt with it. I said, "Well... I'm Mormon." She was slightly confused I think. I told her that I honestly don't know how people get through trials without some sort of faith to hold on to. Some reassurance that it's happening for a reason, and the knowledge that Heavenly Father loves them, and understands how they feel. I told her to try not to just suffer through it but learn from the experience. NOT to say that it isn't HARD, because it is.
I know that in the whole grand scheme of things we didn't have to wait that long, but it feels like forever while you are going through it. This experience has brought me to the depths of humility and gratitude. I still can't really believe that we have been blessed to be pregnant. I don't know if I would have felt as grateful or as close to Heavenly Father if I didn't have this trial. Another thing I learned was patience. Patience when you have absolutely no control over the situation. And to be happy for others. I know it sounds selfish, and it made me feel extremely selfish when I wasn't genuinely happy for others. It's funny because when I finally felt like I REALLY could be happy for others and not just fake it or go to baby showers and have fun is when it happened for us. I know it sounds weird to say that I am grateful for the trial, and it seems easier once it is done, but I really am grateful, and that I was able to see that throughout the trial.
Anyway, we find out the gender in July, so stay posted.

20 comments:

Lauren said...

Congratulations Kristen! I hope this pregnancy continues to go without complication.

The Yarbrough Clan said...

Yeah!!!!! I wanted to ask so many times, but thought it might be a sore subject! Congratulations!!!!! You two will be by far the coolest parents!

Goose said...

What your pregnant?!? When did this happen?

I must say, from a totally unbiased position, that my wife is the most faithful, happiest person I know. She is amazing. I guess that is the reason I married her. That and her beautiful hair. I love you!!

Goose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hurrah! so excited for you two... so so so excited.

Olivia said...

YAY!!!! You are going to be a terrific mom, I just know it. I'm really happy for you!

Danalin said...

I'm in tears even though I already knew the news. I love and admire you very much. I wanted SO much to give more support and never felt like I knew what to say or what you needed. So prayers were offered...lots of them. I cannot tell you how happy I am! I hope you have a baby bump in August when I see you (if it were me, I'd look about about 9 months by then :) ). LOVE YOU! Congrats! Can't wait to find out the gender...

Milmonster said...

Oh Kristen, you made me cry once again. We love you and hope things continue to go well! Keep us posted:) Drew, you are too funny

Milmonster said...

Oh Kristen, you made me cry once again. We love you and hope things continue to go well! Keep us posted:) Drew, you are too funny

Chelsea Ellingson said...

Kristen, you are an amazing person and I am thrilled for you both! It's hard sharing public trials like that, especially when you are going through them- but it can be a source of faith for other people who are going through similar things too. I have a bazillion things to ask you, but I'm sure if I check on the blog you'll answer them all eventually. And hey- we're in Denver a lot visiting my parents if you ever, like, want to go to the zoo or something. :-) Congratulations!!!!

Adventures In The Land Of Hahl said...

So exciting for you guys! I can't wait to meet baby foster!!

Sabrina said...

Hey Kristen, it's been a long time but I do still follow your blog in my reader. I am so happy to hear your news. We have a lot of family and friends who have had to wait for a long time before they were able to have a child and I have seen how painful it can be. How incredible that you see how much you've grown and learned from the experience. You will make incredible parents. I hope your pregnancy treats you well.

Jami said...

I am so excited for you! You will be a great mom.

Emily said...

I love your baby ticker, I love your post and I love you. You are so strong! Thank you for being an example to me always!!! I am SO excited for you and Drew! And I totally can echo the comments about how lucky your child will be to have such AWESOME parents!

Linde said...

YEa!! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to hear what you're having!!

Kendria said...

Yeah baby! I can't wait to find out what you are having... Miss you already.

Rich'n'Rach said...

WOO HOO! You're going to be a mommy! Congrats, lady. Way to hang in there - you're so loved by that guy upstairs!

Tankfos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tankfos said...

We'll see how excited you are in year from now.

Just joking. Having babies is the best! You will laugh more, sleep less, make more stupid noises than you ever have before.

We are really excited that Jane and Baby 2 will be close enough to your baby that they can be really good friends.

Candace said...

Congrats Peanut Butter Cup!!! I know it's early, but I'm just gonna throw this out there now - GET THE EPIDURAL.