Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween Festivities

Halloween was really fun this year. First of all we went to the trunk or treat at our ward and dressed up as a fairy and an Oger (sp?). I entered my chili into the chili cook off, but sadly there was much better chili there so the prize was a no-go for us. It was a lot of fun. (captions are on the top of each picture)

We carved pumpkins. This picture is blurry I am sorry, but check out that alien


Here is my witch. It was pretty intense.
Ofcourse we cooked the seeds. SOOOO good.

At school I dressed up as a smarty pants. The kids loved it. They wanted me to raise my hand and have everyone else giving me dirty looks. Although it looks like most of them are just looking at the camera:) They are so funny.

Here's my crew, minus a few.

We had a rockin party. Our craft was making a skeleton. Very cute.
Last night we gave out a lot of candy, which is always fun, and then had some friends over and played Scattegories (which Drew and I rocked) and then watched the Skeleton Key. I thought it was a good movie. I also made some graveyard dessert. Overall Halloween was a success.

12 comments:

Aaron and Megan said...

Looks like you had fun, the smarty pants is a very clever idea. I love it!

Aaron and Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milmonster said...

I love Halloween. I liked your smarty pants! Halloween is fun with a bunch a kids.

Chelsea Ellingson said...

Ha ha- I saw a lady at the voting center who had smarties pinned to her pants yesterday and I was like "What is she? Fishing for trick or treaters? I don't get it..." Now it makes sense, that's hilarious.

Goose said...

Let me just say that Kristen's pumpkin far exceeded my own. The boots on her witch were equisite. It was a very merry Halloween here in Provo for us.

Tankfos said...

I found your blog very sad. I wish everyone could feel the joys of winning their ward chili cook-off. Let me tell you it is a wonderful feeling.

Danalin said...

Such great costumes, sista! You are the funnest teacher ever. You're going to be the teacher that each of your kids thinks about when they think of elementary school. And those pumpkins! Holy moly. I'll say intense.

Linde said...

Wow, your pumpkin carving is good! Cute pics of the kids and you at school!

Rich'n'Rach said...

Love your costume! And kudos on your awesome pumpkin carving skills. What happens in 16 days? Oh, that's right, Twilight the movie comes out!

Mark said...

Nice costumes, especially the Smarty Pants. Took me just a bit to get it, but then I had myself a good laugh . . .

Beth said...

SO CUTE!!! I love your costumes and that you guys dress up! Always so cute with the little munchkins!

Shilynn said...

I love your blog, and you guys are so cute! Hope everything is going well. (And your smarty pants-man what a fun idea!) Looks like you had an exciting Halloween! We had fun as well. We went down to see Shawn's parents in Delta, CO and took Alyssa trick-or-treating with her cousins.