Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Wonderful Winter

This winter has been very busy. Although maybe not as busy as last winter. We've had a lot going on. The winter break was just what I needed, going home and relaxing was wonderful. I actually had a really hard time coming back, but I am adjusting again.
First we flew to Denver for my friend Emily's wedding on the 15th. Then we flew back to finish up school that week. Then we drove back to Denver where we spent the rest of our break. We had a wonderful Christmas, and then we reached our 1 year anniversary. I can't believe it's been a year! It has honestly been the most wonderful year. I feel so lucky to be married to Drew. He is the best person I know. We were supposed to go to Glenwood Springs on our way back and stay at a bed and breakfast, but the highways were closed so we headed to down town Denver and stayed at one there. It was a blast.
Last night we celebrated my birthday. We went to Outback for dinner and then when we came home there was a surprise party waiting for me. It was a lot of fun. It was very nice of Drew. We had some highschool friends, some of our married friends, and family there.
So here are random pictures of this winter.


At the rehearsal dinner. I can't believe she's married!


There they are!

The beautiful bride.

You can see a glimpse of our huge tree from Walmart.

We had our own Christmas before we went to Colorado. This is an ornament to remember our first Christmas together.

We went to the Cheesecake Factory, and it was sooo good. We love lettuce wraps so we thought it was necessary to take a picture of them.
This is in the bed and breakfast. It was huge!

I promise people were there. We forgot to take pictures.








8 comments:

Goose said...

Sounds like one busy Winter. It has been very fun. And I agree, that Drew guy is probably the best person that you know. I love you!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Kristen! Sounds like such a fun winter break. I'm happy for Emily. You two were so funny together in Greeley. I love your catering stories. :) I wonder how Steve is holding up without you two!
Congratulations on your anniversary. So fun. It has been an eventful for year for you: wedding, graduation, first year of teaching...
We are so glad to be part of your family. Can't wait to see you both in less than a week. :)

Tankfos said...

Your birthday party was alright. But when I left it probably fell apart!! Sounds like you had a great break!! Drew is pretty cool.

Ad

Danalin said...

Ugh! I can't believe that we missed your birthday!!! We have been saying for a long time that we need to make a birthday calendar of all of the family birthdays...maybe now we'll actually do it since I feel so bad. :) Please know that it doesn't mean we don't love you a lot!

Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary...but the happiest days are just ahead. Those days would be this Thursday through Saturday since you are going to have the best houseguests around! We can't wait to see you in just a few days!

Tyler said...

What about me Kristen? You know me and I am better than Drew. I therefore am the "best person you know." Drew can be second.

Name one thing in which Drew is better than me....

Goose said...

Ty, I could name a few, but this isn't my blog.

TopHat said...

Your winter sounds like it was action-packed! I'm jealous.

Mark said...

Happy Birthday, Christmas, and Anniversary! You really condense your celebrations to this time of year. (Happy MLK day, too.)