Sunday, October 07, 2007

My Fascinating Life

All right…. here it is….. what you’ve all been waiting for. Dana has tagged me so I am up.

Four jobs I’ve had:
1. My all time favorite job to talk about was the Plastic Factory. When I look back I can’t believe I did it, but I made some good money over Christmas Break. I actually worked in a factory that produced plastic, and I was one of about 2 people who spoke English. I sat or stood by a machine for 8 hours a day. Some days I got a radio, but I usually had to listen to the Spanish station due to other preferences around me. I brought my Spanish dictionary with me to read at lunch just in case I needed to communicate something.
2. I have worked at a few day cares. Nothing really to share there, but all I know is I could never send my kids to daycare.
3. I catered for about a year up in Greeley. It was a really good experience, although I probably cost my boss a lot of money with all of the things I broke. Those swinging doors are tricky okay. I waitressed for lunch, which sometimes got really crazy. I once had 7 tables at one time, with at least 6 at every table. I’ll never forget that day. There were a lot of angry costumers.
4. And of course my job that I have now. Teaching third grade is by far the best job I have ever had, and it’s actually a real job!

Places I’ve Lived:
1. L-town (Littleton) for those of you who were confused. I have lived there my whole life, and am so happy I grew up there.
2.G-town (Greeley). Oh how I miss the smell.
3. P-town (Provo). I am currently livin it up in P-town, but only for another year.

Movies I love:
1. Count of Monte Cristo
2. Napoleon Dynamite
3. The Fugitive
4. Mission Impossible 3
5. Night at the Museum

Favorite Foods:
1. I am with Dana, ANYTHING Mexican…. Well at least I think I like anything.
2. Ty’s cornflake chicken
3. Cookies and Cream icecream. (I really think I have a problem)
4. My dad’s egg muffins.

Four weird things about me:
1. I pick my toenails excessively.
2. I get in very strange moods. Drew calls it the mad woman. Adam has witnessed it a little bit.
3. I can’t just get out of bed at any time. I have to round to the nearest five. Or in other words if it were 6:03 I would have to wait until 6:05. Even if I have to get up and don’t want to be in bed I will wait it out.
4. According to Drew I make really weird noises at night. Like a clicking noise.

Favorite Shows:
1.The Office
2. Seinfeld
3. The News
4. Planet Earth

Places I’d rather be:
1.Whenever I am not with Drew I am wishing that I was
2. With my family
3. Eating Cookies and Cream ice cream (anywhere)
4. Playing Sports (preferably before the cookies and cream)

People I am tagging:
Megan
Margaret
Drew
Mickey

7 comments:

Goose said...

Thanks for sharing with all of us Kristen. I also worked at the plastic factory and I know that it is rough. Also, the clicking noises that she is talking about can be compared to the noises the aliens make in the movie "Signs". A little freaky sometimes! With that said, love my wife, even the mad woman side of her.

Elizabeth said...

Great post Kristen! I loved it! I am impressed with your skills.

Tyler said...

Kristen,

With all the information you gave out in your post, you have just handed over the methaphoric key to your head. I can get in any time I want now and beat you at anything. Of course, I could do that anyway, without messing with your head...but now it will be more fun!

Great post...a plastic factory doesn't sound so bad. I bet you came home each day satisfied that you had just added some new products to the world that would not decay naturally for 1.3 million years. Really fulfilling...

Danalin said...

Your poor toenails! :) I really loved reading all of that. Ty laughed several times while he read this post...we both think you're pretty funny. Oh, and Ty was also really flattered that his corn flake chicken recipe made the list! I love ya, Kristen!!!

Angie said...

Such a great post! I also got several good belly laughs out of it, and when I say belly, I mean belly.

You've had some great but tough jobs, I must say. I had some friends in Phoenix that worked in catering and they were always exhausted when they came home.

Speaking of the smell in Greeley, we were in G-town over the weekend and I thought of you. (Um, maybe I should clarify--not that YOU smell like that or anything...)

Jeff said...

Yo, Mission Impossible 3 rules. Respect.
Love the post.

Sabrina said...

I am the exact opposite about my alarm clock. I can't have it set to anything ending it 0 or 5. I just don't like getting up to those numbers. So weird!