Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day

We had a great Mother's Day yesterday. I feel pretty lucky to be married to such a good man. He made sure to make the whole weekend extra special. He is so good at helping the girls make it a big deal too. I just really really really love being a mother to these girls. Of course there are days I want to pull my hair out, but even then I am grateful for the experience. I often worry that I am doing something wrong, or that I am screwing them up somehow. It's a big deal to be a mom. I can't believe I am in charge of these four little people! I just hope they will at least know how much I love them. I don't know many moms who don't fiercely love their children. It's really a special relationship, and I just feel honored to be their mom.
I woke up to my favorite oatmeal buttermilk pancakes with caramel syrup! The frame with the picture is switched out each year, and all the old ones will be behind the newest one. 
The first thing Melanie said to me was, look we got you M&M's, so are you going to share them? They ended up eating all of them. Classic moment in a life of a mom. If you are wondering what they are looking at check out the next pic:)

The girls picked out this beauty:)

So they came up with a plan to hide Easter eggs all over the house and send me on a Mother's Day hunt. In each one was a nice little message from one of them. They were so ridiculously cute. Drew said he hardly prompted them at all, and you could tell:)  I will save them forever.

My girls.



They helped Drew make another awesome meal!

I feel like food pictures usually look kind of gross, but I am putting it anyway:) Steak with gorgonzola cheese sauce with fried potatoes, corn and watermelon. YES!

This is one of the pictures Drew took of the girls for the frame. Blakely was half smiling half crying.