Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Colorado Trip

We were able to take a trip to Colorado last week. We had a few days in Denver, and then drove to Fruita, where we had the Foster family reunion. It was a lot of driving, but definitely worth it. Whenever we go back it is just jam packed seeing everyone. And I didn't remember to get pictures with everyone, but I managed to get a few.

Melanie was SOOO excited! They all did a pretty good job in the car. I lost track of how many times we watched Frozen. Let's just say that movie is outlawed in our house for a while!

They loved playing the piano. Abby looks a little crazy with that hair and face!

It was so nice just being outside in the evenings.

Got to meet up with my friend Lori at our favorite place.

Emily and I had Chick Fil-A all to ourselves for breakfast.

Emily's son took a picture of our bellies. Don't mind the fact that she is two months ahead of me! You would think we were due the same time.

We hung out at Belleview Park with the Burt's.

Got to get some Froyo with my sis.

This is what the end of most days looked like. Mismatched clothes, crazy hair, and food all over.



Throwing rocks in Glenwood Springs.


We had our reunion at a farm. I know, it sounds weird. Because it was. But the kids loved it, and it worked out perfectly. There were two houses where most adults slept, and all the older kids and a few adults slept in tents outside. It has the most random little houses for kids, animals, a couple of playground areas, and most importantly a lot of space! The guy who owned the farm took us out on a hay ride one night.

We sat around the campfire late into the night each night.

Mel was so tired.


I loved running here. As you can see I was really hard core as I stopped to take a picture.

Melanie was pretty much in heaven the whole time. Her and Natalie are wrestling here. I hardly even saw her. She was so consumed with her cousins.

The pregnant ladies and the little ones.

We had fun playing in the water. The uncles loved the sling shot.

We went on a little "hike" at Colorado National Monument.


We couldn't get all the grandkids here, but close. 15 of the 19.

Manliest man competition. The first event was the grape toss. They had to throw it over the wire and catch it in their mouth.


The cheering squad.

Kids were very proud of their dads when they caught it.

Each dad was timed for the horse back ride with their oldest child. This seriously cracked me up. Mel was so serious and hung on for dear life.

We call this circle of strength. Basically they all pushed each other until their was one man standing. They were all over the place, It was pretty intense. I thought for sure there was going to be a dislocated shoulder.

A game of Blackjack.

And the manliest man this year goes to Matt!

We got to celebrate Jane's 5th birthday.

She ate every last crumb.

They got to hang out with some animals.



This is one of the little houses they loved! Looks a little creepy on the outside!


This little house had everything Christmas.

The school house was a favorite place as well.


Oops a little out of order. This is Lacey at Mickey and Margaret's house.

Hangin with their cousin Ellie.

The owner also took us on a "train ride."


Megan is such a good aunt. She helped out so much with the kids. They loved having her read stories before bed.




We also had a rockin dance party, and I only took videos. I will probably upload them later. It takes me forever.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Here I am, you're loyal commenter :)
First, I'm so glad I was able to spend some time with you! Thanks for that :) And I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. My belly will be much bigger then as I feel it has exploded this week! I can't believe you were at Moon Farm! I've actually never been, at least not that I remember... anyway, my mom has :) small world! Good job running. Now you can stop soon so I feel better about myself. However, that is an indication that your belly is smaller then mine! 19 grandkids! Insane and its still going up! So fun! I love the manliest man competition! The grape toss is my favorite :) What the white peacock! And that will be all :) Thanks for being a loyal blogger!

Linde said...

Congrats on upcoming baby #4! That is exciting! Looks like you are having a fun summer!!

Chelsea Ellingson said...

I remember you posting about the manliest man competition last year and thinking that it would be a great idea at the next Ellingson gathering, but we never got it together. Maybe next time. :-) Also, booking a farm for a family event totally reminded me of Dwight Schrute's Beet farm, ha ha...Looks like you all had fun!

Kristen said...

Chelsea, that is so funny that you say that! It's soo true!