Sunday, April 05, 2009

Races


Yesterday I ran a 5k in downtown Provo. It was very cold, but after I got started it wasn't so bad. I decided it was time to start running again, and the only way to really motivate me is to sign up for races, so two weeks ago I signed up for this one.

I also got to see Drew race at BYU on Friday. It is very exciting because I don't get to see him race that much. He did great! I get so nervous for him before hand, more so than him even. I unfortunately didn't get a picture because I went straight from work and forgot my camera. I stood and cheered him on in the cold and he did the same for me.

Anyway, if you want to sign up for something with me let me know, it's much more fun with people.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Look how long your hair is!
Bolder Boulder... I'll sign you up :)

Danalin said...

So true...races make me get in shape. I'm excited that it's getting to the "warm" season here so that I can get out and RUN. I'll do the first 5-miler mid-May. Wish I lived closer to you so that we could do one together. By the way...you're beautiful and I miss you.

Goose said...

What a race. To go out and brave the cold takes a real champion. There were a lot more people there than I expected to be there and the starting cannon was sweet too.

Jessica W said...

Kristen! I miss you! How are you? It has been so long since we've talked. Your blog is the only contact I have for you! Shoot me an email when you get a chance, prinjess@gmail.com. I would love to catch up!

Angie said...

Hey Kristen! Way to go on your 5K. I love how self-motivated you are. Can I run with you sometime when you guys move to Denver? That will give me a good goal to get back in shape after the baby!

Tankfos said...

I won't run with you but I would love to watch you run sometime. All that running makes me tired.

The Yarbrough Clan said...

I was totally thinking about you this week when Jeff and I ran the Bolder Boulder! It was sad without you!!