Sunday, August 17, 2008

My New Stompin Grounds

Well if you didn't know I switched grades and classrooms this year. Last year I taught third and this year I will teach second. I was pretty bummed for a while but now I think it will be okay. A few good things come along with switiching to second grade. I have less students, last year I had 28, and this year I am down to 18. I am sure it will change, but I don't think it will go up to 28. Another plus is that I have a bigger classroom, and smaller desks! I went down to the first floor, which is closer to the better copy room, faculty room, and bathroom! (yes, those things become very important to a teacher)
I had back-to-school night on Thursday and it was fun. They are so little. I don't know if they will understand my sarcasm, I got a few blank looks the other night. I will probably have to use more of my cute voice now:) Here are some pics.
They have their own carpet square. Now I can move them around as I please!
This side is a little bare at the beginning of the year.
The reading and listening center

13 comments:

Goose said...

Oh how I love your cute voice. I get to hear it all the time. I must admit that your classroom totally rocks, especially all the colored paper and how it is sorted. Also, the carpet squares and how they don't slide on the ground any more. And now that I think about it, I also love the fact that you have those strings with clips on the end hanging from your ceiling. I wonder how all those things got there. I'm not sure, but I sure love the classroom. Those kids are pretty darn lucky.

Linde said...

Your room looks great! I hope you have a great year. 2nd grade is different, but I think you'll be great and love your team!

Hope it was a great first day of school!!

Linde

TopHat said...

I think second grade is the cutest- at least they said the cutest things I ever heard in that school!

Milmonster said...

Your room likes great! You are going to have a fabulous year. But you're right, they don't get sarcasm. I would like to hear your cute voice.

Chelsea Ellingson said...

Aw! You have a little carpet squares! I'd love to use them in my classroom except that I DON'T HAVE ONE YET! I was just informed that my newly constructed classroom won't be ready for a month after school starts. Bummer...I guess I'll be a transient for the first little while. Second graders are definetly a different breed from third graders- good luck!

Emily said...

I love how modest Drew is with the help he must have been for you! I wish I was in 2nd grade... your students are so lucky!!! Can't wait to hear all the fun things you do with them! :)

Beth said...

Your classroom is so cute! Blake is in second grade and I would totally fight to have you be his teacher! And, cute carpet squares!!! Just catching up on your other posts---hold squash!!! You guys rock! Someday.. . . maybe I will get there!

Beth said...

Your classroom is so cute! Blake is in second grade and I would totally fight to have you be his teacher! And, cute carpet squares!!! Just catching up on your other posts---hold squash!!! You guys rock! Someday.. . . maybe I will get there!

Beth said...

one more thing, I love how drew comments on your blog. He cracks me up.

Karen said...

Oh, I love 2nd Grade!!! I'm sure you're going to love it, too. Your classroom looks great. Makes me miss setting up mine.

Kylee said...

Oh hooray for back to school!! I love the classroom set up time!! it makes me excited for school! I know your downstairs now, but lets pretend you're still just across the hall.. I miss you! haha

Mark said...

Quite the classroom, I must say.

Can our second grader commute from Colorado to Utah to be in your class?

Jenny said...

Your classroom looks soooo cute. I didn't know that you switched grades. Are you enjoying it? I hope so. Some days miss teaching. FYI: my husband got into medical school in Las Vegas, so we moved in August and it's been a big change, but a blessing in disguise.