Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ah.. The Married Life

Well we have been married for 2 1/2 weeks now, and it has been wonderful. Whenever people ask me how married life is I just say that it is soo much fun. I realize that it has only been a couple of weeks, but we have spent all of our time together, and it feels so normal now. I didn't really know what to expect, but I feel like I finally realize what it's all about. Marriage is such a special and sacred thing, a bond that you can't get anywhere else.
I am beginning to learn how to cook for a man. I used to cook for two all the time with my old roomate, I just have to think that I am cooking for 3 or 4 when I cook for Drew. At first I cooked way too little, then way too much, so hopefully now I got it.
We have played a lot of card/board games, watched a few movies, and used our gift cards to go out to dinner. It is just the little everyday things that I love. I don't really care what I am doing as long as it's with him.
I am sure we will have times of trouble, but being married to Drew has already been the most amazing experience of my life.

7 comments:

Goose said...

Where did you get such great pictures!!!! The first 2 1/2 weeks have been wonderful. I might add that you were looking amazing. I told you that then, and I am telling you again. WOW!!! I am one lucky man.

Drew

Danalin said...

Drew, you really are one lucky man!

I am glad that married life is even more than you thought it would be. Like I said in that e-mail...it just gets better and better! I am always so thankful for Mickey and Margaret for raising their sons to be such wonderful men and husbands. Lots of lucky ladies in the Foster Fam!

It is so nice to have you in the fam, Kristen. And you and Drew did look SO good on the 28th! Can't wait to see the official wedding pictures - be sure to bring them to Iron Springs in June.

Love ya!

Jeff said...

Way to go Kristen and Goose. You guys have some awesome times ahead of you. Your future is bright.

Wendi said...

Congrats again to you both; I had a great time at your ring ceremony and reception. You both looked like a million bucks (I really liked your gown, by the way!), and the happiness was contagious.

I only regret one thing -- that as you and Drew were leaving the church, I should have yelled to him:

"Abruni bye-byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye!" :-)

Thanks for posting the shot of your kissing Drew while he was swept (literally) off his feet -- much fun!

Mark said...

I know you love Drew and all of that mushy stuff . . . but really, don't you find him even more annoying now that you can't get away from him? J/K

How are you enjoying Provo? The winter's really seemed to drag on there, but come April, it gets so nice. The springs and summers and falls are all supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. (Sorry. I just wanted to use that word.)

Dad said...

All I have to say is that now that you two are married you are both in the running for the most annoying couple award. In fact, you are right up there at the top of the list. With you two it is like one plus one equal five in annoyingness. Congragulations. You rose to the top faster than anyone in the Fam has.

Dad

Kristen said...

Ok so is there some sort of prize? Because that sounds like quite the accomplishment. You just let me know.